|EarthCare Recognition/In The News
Kimpton hotels and restaurants are often featured in news stories about the environment. Take a look below and click on anything that looks interesting, beginning with our CEO's ideas about green travel.
Everything we do requires behavioral change: recycling, using organic cleaning supplies, serving organic coffee and tea, reducing water consumption, all of it. So our awards and achievements really reflect on our employees, on their willingness to change their behavior. Awards remind us that our efforts are working. Every year, we have raised the bar for ourselves and for our industry by continuing to reduce our ecological footprint. And every year, we are recognized for our efforts by green organizations and our own industry.
- Kimpton Hotels are 100% certified by the Green Key Eco-Rating Program (2011). We are proud to say that this is a first in the hospitality industry.
- Condé Nast World Savers Award (2009): Kimpton is a co-winner in the Preservation category for its pioneering EarthCare commitment, which includes more than 70 brand-wide environmental practices in place at every Kimpton hotel and restaurant from coast-to-coast.
- National GeoTourism Award, Three Years In A Row. (National Geographic and TIA): Travel Industry and Association of America and National Geographic Traveler magazine awarded Kimpton the national GeoTourism award for outstanding achievements in the travel industry for environmental stewardship.
- Kimpton Hotels have been honored with the California EPA Green Lodging designation. As a California EPA partner, Kimpton has implemented corporate environmental policies throughout their hotels nationwide and is making great strides in reducing their environmental footprints.
- Argonaut Hotel, Leadership level
- Cypress Hotel, Leadership level
- Hotel Triton, Leadership level
- Harbor Court Hotel, Participation level
- Prescott Hotel, Participation level
- Hotel Palomar San Francisco, Participation level
- Serrano Hotel, Participation level
- Sir Francis Drake Hotel, Participation level
- Hotel Monaco San Francisco, Participation level
- Tuscan Inn, Participation level
- Hotel Solamar San Diego, Participation level
- FireSky Resort, Scottsdale: Governor's Tourism Award for Best Green tourism in the state of Arizona (2010)
- Cypress Hotel, Cupertino: Presidents Award from the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce for Sustainable Business of the Year; California Integrated Waste Management Board
- Hotel Triton, San Francisco: Hotel World - Sustainable Hotel of the Year nominee (2010); San Francisco Green Business Award; Outstanding Sustainable Style Achievement (OSSA)—nominee; Named the State Model for Conservation by the State of California's Green Lodging program; World Travel Awards—North America Leading Green Hotel—nominee (2008-2010)
- Tuscan Inn, San Francisco: Accepted into the Green Business program and singled out during UN World Environment Day as being a model environmental hotel
- Sky Hotel, Aspen: Awarded Aspen ZGreen Certification which is the city's local green business certification program
- Hotel Allegro, Chicago: Awarded Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association StayGreen Designation for our Recycling and Waste Minimization Program; Environmental Hall of Fame Awards
- Hotel Monaco, Chicago: Awarded Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association StayGreen Designation for our Recycling and Waste Minimization Program
- Hotel Burnham, Chicago: Awarded Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association StayGreen Designation for our Recycling and Waste Minimization Program; Environmental Hall of Fame Awards
- 70 Park Avenue Hotel, New York: Outstanding Sustainable Style Awards nominee for "...overall commitment to social and environmental responsibility."
- Hotel Marlowe, Cambridge: Good Earth Keeping award from the Massachusetts Lodging Association
- Onyx Hotel, Boston: Awarded American Hotel & Lodging Association Good Earthkeeping Award
- Hotel Monaco, Portland: Earned the coveted 100 best Green Businesses to work for award presented by the Portland Business Magazine; earned the Portland Metro Office of Sustainable Development "Recycle Works" award for the past three years
- Hotel Vintage Plaza, Portland: 100 best Green Businesses to work for award presented by the Portland Business Magazine; earned the Portland Metro Office of Sustainable Development "Recycle Works" award through 2011
- Hotel Palomar, Philadelphia: First Kimpton hotel to be LEED Gold Certified
- Hotel Monaco, Salt Lake City: Received the City of Salt Lake's e2 designation, designed to give recognition and support to economically sustainable and environmentally responsible (e2) members
- Hotel Monaco, Alexandria: Environmental Hall of Fame Awards
- Hotel Monaco, Seattle: Received Honorable Mention in the service category for the Green Washington Award from Seattle Magazine two years in a row. All three Seattle hotels are members of the Seattle Climate Partnership; the Monaco was the first hotel in the city to join.