Is any fruit more all-around-American than the humble apple? But look beyond classics like pies and juice and you’ll find a tart-sweet flavor that can hold its own alongside robust green herbs, pleasantly acidic citrus, warm spices–and your distillation of choice. Apple of our eye? Absolutely.
- 1.5 oz. Calvados apple brandy
- 1 oz. apple cider
- 0.5 oz. rosemary-flavored simple syrup
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 5-7 basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well so the basil leaves are “bruised” and release their flavor.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a fresh, whole basil leaf.
Can You Feel The Buzz Tonight?
- 2 oz. St. George pear brandy
- 0.75 oz. lemon juice
- 0.5 oz. honey/bee pollen syrup
- 0.25 oz Amaro Mantenegro
- 0.5 oz apple cider
- 1 egg white
- A sprinkle of bee pollen
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake dry.
- Add ice and shake a second time.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, pour into a chilled parfait glass. Garnish with a fan of thin apple slices and a sprinkle of bee pollen.
Far From the Tree
- 5 oz. Laird’s AppleJack liqueur
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. ginger shrub
- 0.25 oz. Domain de Canton liqueur
- 0.25 oz. honey
- A float of Crispin Hard Apple Cider (preferable “The Saint”), to taste
- Slice of lemon peel, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the apple cider in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Pour into a coupe glass.
- Measure 0.25 – 0.5 oz. apple cider (to taste). Hold a teaspoon with the rounded side down over the glass.
- Slowly pour the apple cider over the inverted teaspoon so it flows gently onto the surface of the drink. Garnish with a slice of lemon peel, if desired.
Mamma I’m Coming Home
- 2 c. apple cider
- 1.5 c. Cutty Sark Blended Scotch Whiskey (or regular whiskey)
- 0.75 c. Fonseca Bin No. 27 Port
- 0.75 c. honey syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 7 cloves
- Caramel candies, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let mull for one hour.
- Double strain the cinnamon sticks and cloves from the hot cider.
- Pour into an Irish coffee mug. Garnish with a soft caramel candy.