Who says cocktails need alcohol to be interesting? These are “proof” they don’t.
Our 2019 Culinary + Cocktail Trends report uncovered that one thing we’ll be seeing more of this coming year is inventive craft mocktails. These are elevated options with nuanced flavor and layers of complexity. What they lack in ABV they make up for in taste. These mocktails give the option to imbibe no matter what your stance is on alcohol.
- 3 small celery pieces
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 rosemary sprig plus more for garnish
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Juniper or cucumber soda (note: we recommend DRY Soda)
- Garnish: dried or fresh lemon wheel
- In a cocktail tin, combine celery with herbs and muddle.
- Add lemon juice and simple syrup, then fill with ice; shake vigorously.
- Add about 3 ounces of soda to tin, then strain mixture into a highball glass.
- Add ice and garnish with rosemary sprig and lemon wheel.
Swizzle and Drive
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 oz. honey
- ½ oz. lime juice
- 1 ½ oz. verjus
- Dash of salt
- Garnish: mint sprig and dried or fresh lime wheel
- In a tall glass, add mint, salt, and honey. Lightly muddle.
- Add lime juice, verjus, and crushed ice.
- Mix with a spoon, then top with more crushed ice, mint, and lime wheel.
- 5 oz. pineapple cilantro mint jalapeno shrub
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. soda water
- Garnish: pineapple fronds
- Combine the shrub and lime juice in a cocktail shake. Give it a short shake.
- Add soda water and double strain over ice.
- Garnish with two pineapple fronds.
The Herb Garden
- 2 oz. Seedlip Garden 108
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. red onion, fennel seed, coriander syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ onion
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander
Shake over ice and strain into martini coupe.
- Sauté the onion, fennel and coriander until onion starts to caramelize.
- Add water to hot pan.
- Once water heats up add sugar.
- Stir until dissolved. Let sit overnight to infuse.
- Strain out onion, fennel and coriander.
- 5 oz. Seedlip Garden 108
- .75 oz. blackberry syrup
- .75 oz. lemon
- 4-5 mint leaves (set 1 aside for garnish)
- In a shaker, mix Seedlip, blackberry syrup, lemon, and mint.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with 1 mint leaf.