- 1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly packed
- 3 unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 2 honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 10 almonds, roasted and unsalted
- 4 oz. high-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a food processor, pulse the shredded coconut, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and salt until it forms a thick paste, about 2-3 minutes, until it compacts well and holds together.
- Scoop and gently press the coconut mixture into a tablespoon. Drop the tablespoon of mixture a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then mold the balls into a rectangle shape.
- Press an almond on top of the coconut rectangles and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Gently insert a toothpick into each frozen bar and dip into the melted chocolate, coating completely. Lift out with the toothpick and tap off any excess chocolate. Return the chocolate covered bar to the parchment paper and gently remove the toothpick from the bar. Repeat the process with the other remaining bars.
- Freeze dipped bars for a few minutes to set.