Winter is coming! This always signals a shift in my wine collection from crisp whites to rich reds. But the world of reds is large, so where can you start?
Pair a wine with your personality. I created a quiz to help you find out which bottle you should cozy up with this season.
When it is snowing outside, I…
- Pop popcorn, put on a film, and invite the neighborhood over for a party.
- Dream of warmer places and wait it out.
- Build a roaring fire and re-read my favorite books.
- Confirm the whereabouts of my shovel and ice scraper so I won’t be late for work in the morning.
- Go outside and make snow angels and snowmen.
If I could excel at one winter sport it would be…
- Ice hockey.
- Winter biathlon: a combination of cross-country skiing and rifle shooting.
- Downhill skiing.
- Figure skating.
- Extreme snowboarding.
My favorite DVDs to pop in on a cold night are…
- Action-packed thrillers that get my heart pumping no matter how any times I watch them.
- I’ll watch anything.
- Classic films in black and white. And I have to watch Miracle on 34th Street at least twice in the season.
- Documentaries produced by the History Channel.
- Foreign and indie films.
My dream winter travel destination is…
- Aspen, for skiing.
- Hawaii, Australia, Mexico … anywhere warmer than here.
- The family cabin in the mountains.
- Manhattan in January! Everyone knows that the best sales are right after the holidays.
- A secret little chalet in the Swiss Alps.
When I’m on a ski vacation…
- You can’t get me off the slopes. It’s all about the snow and the speed.
- I love to be somewhere where the skiing is good, but so are the restaurants and the shopping.
- I prefer to bundle up by the fire with spiked apple cider.
- I have my season pass ready and snacks packed so I can ski all day without wasting time off of the slopes.
- My carbon-fiber skis are polished and I am stoked to show off my new Ferrari ski boots.
My favorite winter foods are…
- Wine and cheese during a party around the fire.
- Good food is good food. If it’s tasty, I eat it, no mater what the season is.
- My summer canned tomatoes to make spaghetti and meatballs for the family.
- Big hearty stews that taste better as I eat them all week long.
- Heartwarming, spicy cuisine like Moroccan tagine.
Results! Here’s what you should be drinking.
If you answered mostly 1, then you should be drinking Australian Shiraz. This wine is big and in your face. You are friendly, social, and gregarious.
If you answered mostly 2, then give California Meritage a try. This wine is a blend of up to five different varietals. You hate to commit to one thing because you like it all! You find variety to be the spice of life.
If you answered mostly 3, then head straight for the Italian aisle. Chianti is a great classic wine. You have an old-world sensibility and find joy in traditions.
If you answered mostly 4, you should be drinking Cotes-du-Rhone from France. The wine is a little softer in style with a touch of earthiness. You are old school, understated, and practical. Flashiness does not impress you.
If you answered mostly 5, then stand back world! You should be drinking Malbec from Argentina. This wine is on fire! Malbec is the cool kid on the block and it appeals to exotic, modern, and adventurous people like you.
Enjoy the season!
Photo: Chris Guillen
Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was searching for! “It’s the Brady Act taking manpower and crime-fighting capability off the streets.” by Dennis Martin.
Your article always include a great deal of truly up to date info. Where do you come up with this? Just declaring you are very imaginative. Thanks again
i got 4. definitely suits me! thanks for the fun
It’s scientifically proven to be an accurate test! (Well, maybe not.)
I like this web blog very much, Its a very nice place to read and incur info . “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” by Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
Great information it is very useful for our house.I really impress to reading this article thanks for sharing this nice article.
Best Dedicated servers
This games like a play card. in this games all card arrange and complete pair.
mesmerizing work being done!!!
amazed by your work!!! Patcher for android
Thanks for sharing your amazing and creative ideas on what should we do during our leisure time.
your article has lots of logic behind it.
winter is the best time to plan something special.
Thanks for sharing such classical ideas.
I loved the game
you have done an amazing work.Thanks for sharing.
winter is probably the best time to have different varieties of wine.
thank you for sharing.
Great article! This is our first year dealing with the Texas heat – and I’m loving chilled wines – I’ll definitely be picking up some of the Matchbook Rose and the Albarino if I can find it. Thanks for the suggestions!
We def hope you can find what you’re looking for. Cheers!
People are used to drinking red wine after dinner and this will be good for health as well. Gmail Customer Support
Great post! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CRE8.LudoChat
I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post the first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
Me2call4u a wonderful online video chat app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.me2call4u
Seek Aid is a non-profit organization which improves the life of those people who are affected by the causes. The idea of Seek Aid was born very simply bringing the gap between the two sets of the people- people who want to give and make a difference along with those who are going to phenomenal work but they don’t know how to reach out to the people who want to support them. http://www.seekaid.org