The National Sleep Foundation’s Sleep Awareness Week just ended yesterday and daylight-saving time just began (that’s one less hour of z’s, folks), so forgive us if we have bedtime on the brain. But we have some news that should make for some pretty sweet dreams: We’ve started a Nightcap Program.
Patterned after our evening wine hour, we’re offering nightcap nips like port, brandy or cognac — paired with cookies, cheese or other treats — when you swing by the front desk at 17 (and counting) hotels. The pairings will be seasonally and regionally driven — perhaps some chilled limoncello accompanied by frozen berries at a coastal spot, while up in the mountains you might find sherry and chocolate, après ski-style. The only things that could make your evening cozier would be footie pajamas and lullabies.
Most Nightcaps will take place from 9 to 10:30pm on various nights throughout the week, making it a perfect way to unwind from a busy day. Or for you night owls, it’s the perfect aperitif to kick off your evening festivities. Either way, if you miss out on it, don’t worry … we know where you can find some great bars and lounges.
Here are the hotels where the Kimpton Nightcap Program is currently up and running … look for more to be added in the months to come.
- Nine Zero Hotel (Boston, MA)
- Hotel Allegro (Chicago, IL)
- Hotel Monaco Denver
- Surfcomber, The Angler’s (Miami, FL)
- Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa (Palm Beach, FL)
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
- Hotel Monaco Portland, RiverPlace Hotel (Portland, OR)
- Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City
- Sir Francis Drake (San Francisco, CA)
- Canary Hotel (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Alexis Hotel, Hotel Vintage (Seattle, WA)
- Hotel Madera, Hotel Monaco, Hotel Palomar, Topaz Hotel (Washington, DC)
Updated July 1, 2015