A world of celebrations has come to a standstill – weddings, birthdays, graduations and everything in between. With technology at our fingertips, you can still make that milestone a special one. Our party planning experts are sharing their tips and tricks to make the most out of a virtual shower (for babies or brides).
Snail Mail Prep
- Support the USPS and make the feted person feel extra loved by asking guests to mail gifts ahead of time. Ask the recipient to wait to open them until you’re on screen together.
- Arrange for a wine or champagne delivery to be sent to each guest’s home prior to the shower so everyone can share a toast.
- Mail packages with a themed backdrop, celebratory banner or party favors to guests in advance to make it feel like everyone is in the same room together. For an easier take, everyone can download the same festive party backdrops to surprise the bride/mother-to-be with.
- For extra credit: find a local dessert spot and send a surprise sweet treat to the bride/mom to enjoy.
- Pick a theme or color scheme for the shower and have everyone dress accordingly. Encouraging everyone to wear a certain color palette creates more togetherness.
Games & Thoughtful Touches
- Do an around the (virtual) room and have each guest tell the story of a memorable moment with the bride/mother-to-be, their favorite thing about her, or how they first met.
- Ask everyone for their favorite songs and put together a crowdsourced Spotify playlist. Email the link to all the attendees so they can listen along during the bridal shower. For the bold, try out a live karaoke session. We can’t guarantee that’ll go without a hitch, but whatever happens will no doubt bring some laughs to the party.
- Ask each guest for their favorite books, articles, movies and podcasts on parenting or marriage to share with the group.
- Ask each guest to send through their favorite photo and two-sentence best wishes for the bride/mother-to-be. Compile into an elegant photobook of memories for them to cherish. (We love Artifact Uprising). In a pinch? Create a slideshow to screenshare during the shower.