Philadelphia is known as the birthplace of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So whether you’re in town for a corporate meeting, or just hanging out with friends and family, we’re sharing some of our favorite group pursuits. From cooking classes to cocktail pop-ups to tailgate gatherings, Philly’s got enough activities to please every happiness-seeker in your clique.
Food and Wine
- For some fun in the kitchen, La Cucina at the Market lets you immerse yourself in intimate Italian cooking classes with chef Anna Maria Florio, who learned a thing or two from her Campania-born parents growing up. From instruction on crafting handmade pastas and whipping up Italian brunches (frittata, panettone French toast and persimmon salad), to regional treats like gnocchi, you’ll have plenty of great dishes to work with. And, in true “Mangiamo!” style, you can be sure you won’t go hungry.
- Test drive your palate at PhiladelphiaWine School. 200 classes, brush up on essentials with Wine 101, learn about trendy natural varieties, or tap into your inner mad scientist with a blending workshop. Other offerings let you become an expert in pairing reds and whites with your favorite cheeses and chocolates.
- Overlooking Independence Park and just outside Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, you can book a festive Sidewalk Saloon “pop-up” where a kitted out ‘76 Airstream trailer parks and pairs its namesake hand-rolled cigars with bespoke and handcrafted cocktails. Feeling a chill under the stars? Cozy up around warm heat lamps.
Art & Culture
- For an invigorating spot of nature, Longwood Gardens has you covered. In the summer, you’ll find an outdoor beer garden with pub fare and brews courtesy of Victory Brewing Company. And come the winter months, you’ll attend performances with local musicians, gather around toasty fire pits and check out the famed 5-minute fountain show where 750 jets of water are choreographed to music.
- Looking for an arty, hands-on approach? Yay Clay! invites you to create your own unique pottery pieces with their state-of-the-art pottery wheels in a creative and encouraging environment (psst: cups and bowls also double as great gifts). Their free arcade room boasts a pool table, huge projection screen, video games and old-school pinball machines. And did we mention the studio is BYOB? Like we said: a great environment.
- Make no mistake about it, Philadelphia is a sports lover’s paradise. From baseball (Phillies) to basketball (76ers) to football (Eagles), organize a fun-filled tailgating gathering. Don’t have time to fire up the grill outside Lincoln Financial Field? Load up on some cheesesteaks compliments of Phil’s Steaks, served on Amoroso rolls with cheese, fried onions and sweet peppers.
Rest & Relaxation
- For the some quiet time, Kimpton Palomar Philadelphia offers a personalized Sound Meditation Break for groups. Using crystal alchemy Tibetan singing bowls to promote harmony, you’ll unplug and leave feeling more inspired and connected to the outside world. Namaste!