Sitting pretty on the northwest shore of Lake Ontario, Toronto is staking its claim as a truly cosmopolitan travel destination (with that irresistible Canadian charm). Whether you’re looking for eclectic arts & culture, a robust, globally-influenced restaurant scene or a chance to embrace your inner urban explorer, there’s no shortage of ways to experience the best the city has to offer.
Imagination & Ingenuity on Display
Toronto is rich in world-renowned cultural institutions, installations and events that keep locals and travelers alike entertained and endlessly curious.
- Check out The ROM, Canada’s largest museum with a wide range of galleries and exhibitions covering art, natural history and world culture. Bonus: it’s virtually across the street from the soon-to-open Kimpton Saint George.
- Venture beyond downtown to the Aga Khan Museum in North York, which showcases Muslim art, heritage and artifacts. Or, visit the McMichael Art Gallery in Kleinburg with its extensive collection of works from the Group of Seven and other Canadian artists.
- If you’re in town at the end of April/beginning of May and enjoy a good documentary, score a ticket to one of more than 200 films showing at the Hot Docs Film Festival.
- Looking beyond the popular Mirvish productions, theatre buffs can explore Toronto’s contemporary theatre scene at the Tarragon Theatre, which bills itself as “Canada’s home for ground-breaking contemporary plays.”
- As you stroll around the city, keep an eye out for Toronto’s famous street art. You’ll find yourself with some dazzling photo ops.
Enticing Eats, Internationally Inspired
Vibrant and varied, Toronto’s dining scene is shaped by the city’s cultural diversity. That, and Torontonians’ obsession with all things food.
- This city is serious about brunch and while Toronto loves French toast and a classic eggs benny, you can shake up your brunch order all over town. On weekends Gusto 101 offers an Italian-inspired brunch or you can hit up Luckee for dim sum. Lady Marmalade serves a delicious huevos migas or check out Egyptian brunch spot Maha’s for dishes like the Cairo Classic or the Pharaoh’s Po’ Boy.
- Toronto’s lunch offerings are also on-point. Try Pai for mouth-watering Thai cuisine or Torteria San Cosme for flavorful Mexican street food. You could also sample Syrian dishes at Soufi’s or grab a bite at pan-Asian sandwich shop Banh Mi Boys.
- No matter your cuisine of choice, dinner in Toronto is always satisfying. Enjoy New Asian flavours at DaiLo, Middle Eastern & European Jewish fare at Fat Pasha or Spanish pintxos, tapas and tasty cocktails at Bar Raval.
- What about a nightcap, you say? Beer enthusiasts will love the selection at Birreria Volo, while cocktail lovers are sure to find a tempting tipple at the aptly named Cocktail Bar on Dundas West.
Nurtured by Nature
Hardly a concrete jungle, Toronto features abundant green spaces. You’ll find yourself surrounded by nature without ever leaving the Greater Toronto Area.
- Have a picnic, visit yaks and peacocks at the zoo and let your pup off its leash at High Park, Toronto’s largest public park. If you’re visiting the city during the spring, you might even catch the annual blooming of the cherry blossoms.
- From the sizzling summer months to the depths of winter, Christie Pits Park’s outdoor skating rink, public pool and summer outdoor film screenings make it a popular destination all year round.
- Go for a discovery walk or hop on a bike along the nature trails interspersed throughout the city. It’s the perfect combination of fresh air, exercise, gorgeous views and a bit of history.
- Surround yourself with beauty at the Toronto Botanical Garden. In addition to four acres of lush gardens, there is a year-round organic farmers’ market and a free summer music series (both on Thursdays).
With so much to do and see in Toronto, Kimpton Saint George gives you the perfect opportunity to stay in the middle of it all.
Looks like a great place to visit. With a new Kimpton there now even better
Looks like a great place to visit ! Now with a Kimpton hotel there even better.